Your insiders guide to the best photography locations on the island
Filmed in Lanzarote
Lanzarote has featured on the big screen more than you might think.
Often (but not always) selected for its unique lunar-like landscape, the island plays a compelling role on the silver screen.
A few notable productions are:
The island recently played host to A-listers such as Chris Hemsworth and Cillian Murphy filming In The Heart of the Sea.
- Penelope Cruz starred in Broken Embraces, which features scenes in El Golfo, Famara and the national park. An article in The Guardian provides interesting insight into the origins of the movie.
- Scenes from Clash of the Titans, featuring Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes, were filmed on Lanzarote.
- Lanzarote doubles for an island off the Arctic Circle in 2017 horror Cold Skin
- Rolls Royce chose Lanzarote as the backdrop for their recent Dawn Black Badge commercial.
- Search IMDB for films shot in Lanzarote to see the full listing of productions tagged with Lanzarote as a location.
Download Photographing the Lanzarote eBook
Photographing Lanzarote is available to download now. Simply select the button corresponding to your device type below, and be ready to explore in minutes!
Download Photographing Lanzarote on the Apple Books (iBooks) Store for your iPad, iPhone or Mac.
What is Apple Books? It’s a free app for your iPad, iPhone or Mac supplied by Apple. It allows you to buy, download and read eBooks on your Apple Device.
Find out more on the Apple website.